Friday, June 3, 2011

Skin

The pen tool was used once again to create the skin of my fashion illustration. I began on a new layer, tracing around the body of Caroline to form individual shapes.

To balance the weight of the dress I decided the skin would need to be a blocked colour. As illustrated below the basic line looks very weak in comparison with the dress.

This is the figure using a solid colour. Depending upon the background and colours used within the illustration I may make the skin a cream colour, a neutral grey or possibly white. I will have to wait until I have decided on the background and have blended the dress to decide upon the skin tone. Whatever skin tone I choose, I will have to add shadow to the figure to add to the realism and 3D image of the figure .

No comments:

Post a Comment