Monday, June 6, 2011

Blending modes + fashion


I've struggled to work out how to best present blending modes within a fashion illustration.
When I did my own illustration it was very instinctual. I didn't have any idea what blending modes were when I started, nor how I was going to use them in an illustration. The process of forming my illustration was not at all planned so trying to explain it was a bit tricky.

After some consideration I decided I would focus specifically on the dress as it has the main use of blending modes. I am also quite aware of the space limit on this project so I am trying to keep it as simple as possible so that anyone could pick it up and understand it.

I've broken the process into four basic stages:
1- shapes
2 - filling the shapes
3 - applying blending modes
4 - adding detail to the blending modes

No comments:

Post a Comment