I wanted to try and find some detail to tie my booklet together from cover to cover.
My first idea was to put a top banner feature on each page. This would include graphics used on the front cover illustration providing not just continuity but also a demonstration of blending modes.
This was a fine idea to have but really not very practical. When I tried to place this illustration into the document it dwarfed the page. It makes you realize quite how small A5 is!
I tried to compromise on my idea by only including this image on the contents page. Settling for simple stroke marks as a backdrop to the Booklet title across the top edge corner of each page.