Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A note on image quality...


After test printing some of my images it came to my attention that they may not be the best possible quality. I set about substituting other images in to see how it would look with high quality images. Unexpectedly, the lower quality images actually look better. This flow image is not very refined but it has a lovely, slightly vague feel about it that really compliments the poster. So even though it might not be the highest res, I'm keeping it because aesthetically I think it is the most suitable. The same was true of the glitter cut out on "for fun". I substituted ina really high quality image and it ended up looking flat and boring. Part of the reason I like the image is the un-perfected raw feel of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment