Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Test prints

I forgot to tell you about my test prints.
Yesterday I printed off a couple of pages just to test and see how it looks. It turned out ok but I wasn't completely happy.
The skin of the front cover looked very washed out and pale. I have tried ot combat this by putting a black line around it like a pencil outline. I tried to use a pale grey to fit in with the pencil look but it ended up looking even more washed out. The black gave it a lot more strength.
I also had to add some black definition to the face, otherwise my girl looked like she had no eyes, which isnt really the look I was going for.

A few of my colours turned out darker in the print than they were on the screen. I added some paler colours over the top to try and lift it, especially in the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment