Sunday, March 27, 2011

The cover is coming together. Slowly.

I had to use lots of layers for the dress. For the top layer I used a variety of brushes to create the bodice of the dress, to sit above the skirt. The skirt is made up of lots of layered shapes. I gave them scalloped edges to help them blend into the clouds of the background. I gave them a variety of colours and an opacity of about 40% to create a sense of depth in the dress. On top of all of that I added some smoke brushes to blend into the clouds and give it some more texture.

I chose to use darker colours than I first anticipated in the skirt. With paler colours the cover looked very washed out and anemic so the bolder colours really lifted it and balanced the white of the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment